SEARCH THE BLOG
- Quick listen for the 2012 MWV Photo Calendar Fundraiser!! (only 1 minute!) Click Here
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Barbecue season is upon us! Time to introduce a new recipe to make your summer delicious:
Chipotle-Orange BBQ Rub
Recipe from Chef Steffani Adaska
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
2 tablespoons Kosher salt
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons Chipotle Chili powder
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/4 cup dried orange zest
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, lamb or pork.
Store in airtight container in cool, dark pantry.
Want more BBQ recipes? Sign up for our Father’s Day BBQ Best cooking class on Tuesday June 11th!
The longer you stay the less you pay $$$
Springtime is a special time of year. The snow is gone, and the flowers are budding. The trails are ready to be hiked, streams ready to be fished, and stores and outlets are fully stocked and ready to be shopped. And best of all it is much less crowded! Come join us at our beautiful and romantic Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast and take advantage of our Low Season Rates combined with our Spring Time Midweek Specials Rates. Save lots of dollars!
From now thru June 13, 2013 (Sunday – Thursday)
Stay Two Nights Midweek receive 25% off second night – Code ST25
Stay Three Nights Midweek receive 50% off third night – Code ST50
Stay Four Nights Midweek receive 75% off fourth night – Code ST75
Stay Five Nights Midweek receive fifth night FREE – Code ST100
This Midweek Special includes:
- 2, 3, 4, or 5 night’s stay any Sunday-Thursday through June 13, 2013
- 25% Discount on 2nd night stay, 50% Discount on 3rd night’s stay, 75% on 4th night’s stay, OR 5th night Free
- Full delicious country breakfast for two each morning
- Afternoon tea, coffee and fresh homemade cookies
- Apple iPad in each room and FREE WiFi
- Every room has a cozy fireplace and many with a 2 person Spa Tub
- Rooms are priced per couple.
When booking your room, use the appropriate CODE listed above to receive your discount.
Cipollate con Pancetta (Bacon-Wrapped Scallions)
recipe from Chef Steffani Adaska, Director of A Taste of the Mountains
Yields: 4 Servings
Who doesn’t like bacon? Right? My kids and I can never get enough.
This tasty dish originates from Italy. In Italy, they make with pancetta, often called Italian bacon. That’s a true enough description, but unlike American bacon, which is most often smoked, pancetta is unsmoked pork belly that is cured in salt and spices. It’s then dried for a several months.
I serve this as an appetizer with a a horseradish cream drizzle, or as a side dish. It is so easy to prepare and always a crowd pleaser. I like with the pancetta or the traditional smokey bacon. Try it both ways. Choose your fave!!
- 24 large scallions, trimmed of roots and green tips
- 8 strips bacon (or pancetta)
- Sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Wrap 3 scallions together with 1 strip of bacon. Repeat with remaining scallions and bacon and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add bacon-wrapped scallion bunches, and cook, turning as needed, until browned and crisp on all sides, 6–8 minutes.
Alternatively, you can do this over the grill for added flavor. Either way they are delish. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Are you having trouble coming up with a gift for Mother’s Day? Get Mom something she will actually enjoy: a gift certificate for the Bernerhof Inn! Gift certificates are good towards lodging, spa services, or cooking classes.
Performance are Scheduled for:
Saturday June 1st,
Saturday June 15th,
and Saturday Oct 26th
Till Death Do Us Part
The Marriage of Becky and Stanley
The pleasure of your company is requested at a reception to honor the union of Becky Giovanni and Stanley Simpson.
As friends and family gather together to offer their congratulations and best wishes to the bride and groom,
someone has a different motive for their presence at the reception. Before the bride has a chance to throw
the bouquet, her beautiful dream wedding day quickly turns into a nightmare of mystery, mayhem and murder.
And, you and all the other guests are left to solve the crime.
Will it be the father of the bride who opposed the marriage from the start?
The bridesmaid who longs to be a bride?
The overlooked little sister that has a great inheritance to gain?
Secret will be revealed, motives exposed and your sleuthing skills will be put to the test.
Speak now or forever a killer goes free!
This Fun-Filled Evening includes:
- 2 tickets aboard the Murder Mystery Dinner Train – leaving from Conway Scenic Railroad promply at 6pm
- Four course dinner (gratuity & Tax included)
Alcoholic Beverages are available at additional cost
- … and the Murder Mystery performance (by Arts in Motion) begins.
Murder Mystery Dinner Menu 2013
- Preset: Crudite Platter served at each table
- First Course: Lobster Bisque
- Second Coarse: Crawford Salad, mixed greens with apples, cranberries, carrots, and cheddar cheese served with maple mustard vinaigrette
- Entree: Choice of:
- Grilled Rib Eye with balsamic herb emulsion
- Baked Stuffed Chicken with prosciutto & gruyere cheese
- Vegetarian Option: Black Bean Stuffed Portabella Mushroom with Roasted Red pepper
- All entrees served with Manchego polenta cake and seasonal vegetable
- Desserts: Trays of mini desserts served at each table
This is an audience participation performance. Dress the part and coming looking Fabulous! Casual Elegant to Formal. Break out the bling, and dare to show some skin. Evening Dresses and Tuxedos are highly encouraged (but not necessary).
Evening Event Cost: $210 per couple