All aboard…for the Murder Mystery Tour! Come walk the blood red carpet and board the Conway Scenic Railroad for a tantalizing evening of INTRIGUE, SUSPENSE… AND HOMICIDE! It’s Lights! Camera! Murder!
Performance are Scheduled for:
Saturday June 1st,
Saturday June 15th,
and Saturday Oct 26th
Till Death Do Us Part
The Marriage of Becky and Stanley
The pleasure of your company is requested at a reception to honor the union of Becky Giovanni and Stanley Simpson.
As friends and family gather together to offer their congratulations and best wishes to the bride and groom,
someone has a different motive for their presence at the reception. Before the bride has a chance to throw
the bouquet, her beautiful dream wedding day quickly turns into a nightmare of mystery, mayhem and murder.
And, you and all the other guests are left to solve the crime.
Will it be the father of the bride who opposed the marriage from the start?
The bridesmaid who longs to be a bride?
The overlooked little sister that has a great inheritance to gain?
Secret will be revealed, motives exposed and your sleuthing skills will be put to the test.
Speak now or forever a killer goes free!
This Fun-Filled Evening includes:
- 2 tickets aboard the Murder Mystery Dinner Train – leaving from Conway Scenic Railroad promply at 6pm
- Four course dinner (gratuity & Tax included)
Alcoholic Beverages are available at additional cost
- … and the Murder Mystery performance (by Arts in Motion) begins.
Murder Mystery Dinner Menu 2013
- Preset: Crudite Platter served at each table
- First Course: Lobster Bisque
- Second Coarse: Crawford Salad, mixed greens with apples, cranberries, carrots, and cheddar cheese served with maple mustard vinaigrette
- Entree: Choice of:
- Grilled Rib Eye with balsamic herb emulsion
- Baked Stuffed Chicken with prosciutto & gruyere cheese
- Vegetarian Option: Black Bean Stuffed Portabella Mushroom with Roasted Red pepper
- All entrees served with Manchego polenta cake and seasonal vegetable
- Desserts: Trays of mini desserts served at each table
This is an audience participation performance. Dress the part and coming looking Fabulous! Casual Elegant to Formal. Break out the bling, and dare to show some skin. Evening Dresses and Tuxedos are highly encouraged (but not necessary).
Evening Event Cost: $210 per couple
Saturday was pretty chilly outside, but our guests kept warm with a fire and a glass of wine. Sounds like a great idea to me!
There is nothing more relaxing than a weekend (or weekday!) getaway in the White Mountains, especially when we have the Serenity Wellness Studio conveniently located right here at the Bernerhof Inn!
Massage Treatments at the Bernerhof Inn
Essential Massage – Our most popular massage designed and customized for each individual to promote relaxation, rejuvenation, reducing muscle tension and improving overall wellness.
60 minute ~ $85 90 minute ~ $125
Warm Stone Massage – This treatment incorporates warm Basalt Stones to enhance the Essentials Massage by warming the muscles and melting away tension.
60 minute ~ $95 90 minute ~ $135
Deep Tissue Massage – Designed for those who like deeper more specific bodywork on multiple target areas. *90 min session recommended.
60 minute ~ $95 90 minute ~ $135
Couples Massage – Enjoy your customized Essentials Massage along side your friend or loved one! *can be upgraded to Warm Stone or Deep Tissue.
60 minute ~ $170 90 minute ~ $250
Foot Retreat – Perfect for after a day of hiking or hitting the slopes! Your feet will be pampered in a aromatherapy foot bath and softened with an exfoliating foot scrub and callous softener. Finishing off with a lower leg and foot massage including reflexology.
45 minute ~ $70
Couples Foot Retreat – Enjoy our Foot Retreat along side your friend or loved one!
45 minute ~ $140
Hydrating Wrap – After a stimulating dry exfoliation a rich balm will be applied to skin that warms and melts for deep hydration, then wrapped in warm blankets to enjoy an aromatherapy face and scalp massage.
50 minute ~ $70
Learn More or call (603) 383-4200 to set up an appointment.
NEWS FLASH from Mike, the Innkeeper at Bernerhof Inn, Glen, NH:
“SNOW, SNOW, SNOW AND LOTS OF IT!!!”
That’s the latest weather report for Mount Washington Valley New Hampshire.
Come ski in fresh powder!
Take a few of your vacation days, call in sick, or even quit your job, because the skiing is going to be amazing!
We have a few rooms left so BOOK NOW. Call 1-877-389-4852 or 1-603-383-4200 or book online
Be a good cupid and give your love a stay at the romantic Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast along with one of our Romance Packages:
Sweet Delights – Set the mood with these delights. Your romantic getaway will only get better.
Includes: A Box of Hand-Crafted Bavarian Chocolates • A Chilled Bottle of Champagne • A Dozen Beautiful Long-Stem Roses in your room upon arrival.
Love in the Mountains – Pamper the one you love! This Package includes a heavenly one hour Essentials Massage at our “Serenity Wellness Studio
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Winter Fruit Compote
For the Cheesecake
1 T. unsalted butter, melted
3 T. graham cracker crumbs
2 lbs. Philadelphia cream cheese,
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. lemon zest
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean pod, scraped
1/4 cup heavy
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 500°.
2. Brush sides and bottom of a 9’’ springform pan with butter. Sprinkle
graham cracker crumbs over bottom of pan and shake to coat evenly
3. Beat the cream cheese in a standing mixer until very smooth. Gradually
add the sugar and beat on medium speed until sugar dissolves (3-
4 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated
and scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl after each addition.
Add lemon zest, vanilla extract and vanilla specks and beat just until
4. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in cream and sour cream with a
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cheesecake at 500°
for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200°. Bake until the
cheesecake’s perimeter is set, but center jiggles when pan is tapped,
about an hour.
6. Turn off the heat and use a long-handled fork or spoon the hold the
oven door open by about one foot.
7. Let the cheesecake rest for an hour, then place it on a wire rack and
let it cool to room temperature. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate
it until chilled, at least 4 hours.
I recommend baking the cheesecake in a water bath (Bain Marie).
For the Compote
1 cup dry white wine
¼ cup sweet Marsala wine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cinnamon stick
½ cup dried apricots, quartered
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup dried cherries
Dash gray sea salt
1 cup Granny Smith apples,
diced ¼-inch thick cubes
1 cup pears, ¼-inch slices
1 T. lemon zest
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1. In a 4-quart saucepan or pot bring the first 6 ingredients to a simmer.
Stir slowly to dissolve the sugar in the liquid.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except the lemon juice.
3. Bring liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, simmer for about 20.
4. Turn off the heat then stir in the lemon juice. With a slotted spoon
remove the fruit to a bowl.
5. Bring the remaining syrup to a simmer and reduce until lightly thickened
or when the bubbles formed on the top become small.
6. Remove the syrup for the heat and cool. Once cool mix with the fruit
and serve over cheesecake slices.
7. The compote can be made ahead and kept n the refrigerator for up
to 3 days.