Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
By Chef Steffani Adaska
1 1/2 cups AP (all purpose) flour
1 Tablespoon apple pie spice mix (see recipe below)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup sweet cream butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, small dice
For the Icing:
1- 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
3 Tablespoons sweet cream butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons heavy cream, room temperature
For the Caramel Drizzle:
8 caramel candies, unwrapped
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Sift together, flour, apple pie spice mix, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar until light & fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla, milk and egg. Mix 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients medium/low speed.
- Gently fold in apples.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- At medium/high speed, whip all ingredients until smooth and light, about 5 minutes. Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Over medium heat, mix together caramels and cream in small sauce pan until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle over iced cupcakes.
*Apple Pie Spice Mix
1/4 cup ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Mix all ingredients together. Store in airtight jar in a cool, dark place.
Last night Chef Bryant Alden taught a Grilling cooking class at A Taste of the Mountains cooking school. We had so much fun and ate lots of delicious food!
Here’s what was on the menu:
Grilled Scallop with Pear and, Proscuitto in a Champagne Sauce
Grilled Asparagus and Brie Soup
Grilled Avocado and Field Green Salad with a Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Tier with a Cider Currant Glaze
Future Celebrity Chef Ethan chopped some asparagus:
Food and Fun was had by all:
“I’ve Never Found Time Spent Amongst Nature to be a Waste of Time” - Anonymous
The longer you stay the less you pay $$$
Springtime is a special time of year. The snow is gone, and the flowers are budding. The trails are ready to be hiked, streams ready to be fished, and stores and outlets are fully stocked and ready to be shopped. And best of all it is much less crowded! Come join us at our beautiful and romantic Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast and take advantage of our Low Season Rates combined with our Spring Time Midweek Specials Rates. Save lots of dollars!
From now thru June 13, 2013 (Sunday – Thursday)
Stay Two Nights Midweek receive 25% off second night – Code ST25
Stay Three Nights Midweek receive 50% off third night – Code ST50
Stay Four Nights Midweek receive 75% off fourth night – Code ST75
Stay Five Nights Midweek receive fifth night FREE – Code ST100
This Midweek Special includes:
- 2, 3, 4, or 5 night’s stay any Sunday-Thursday through June 13, 2013
- 25% Discount on 2nd night stay, 50% Discount on 3rd night’s stay, 75% on 4th night’s stay, OR 5th night Free
- Full delicious country breakfast for two each morning
- Afternoon tea, coffee and fresh homemade cookies
- Apple iPad in each room and FREE WiFi
- Every room has a cozy fireplace and many with a 2 person Spa Tub
- Rooms are priced per couple.
When booking your room, use the appropriate CODE listed above to receive your discount.
Are you having trouble coming up with a gift for Mother’s Day? Get Mom something she will actually enjoy: a gift certificate for the Bernerhof Inn! Gift certificates are good towards lodging, spa services, or cooking classes.
Get your Gift Certificates here, or check out our spa services and cooking classes.
All aboard…for the Murder Mystery Tour! Come walk the blood red carpet and board the Conway Scenic Railroad for a tantalizing evening of INTRIGUE, SUSPENSE… AND HOMICIDE! It’s Lights! Camera! Murder!
Performance are Scheduled for:
Saturday June 1st,
Saturday June 15th,
and Saturday Oct 26th
Till Death Do Us Part
The Marriage of Becky and Stanley
The pleasure of your company is requested at a reception to honor the union of Becky Giovanni and Stanley Simpson.
As friends and family gather together to offer their congratulations and best wishes to the bride and groom,
someone has a different motive for their presence at the reception. Before the bride has a chance to throw
the bouquet, her beautiful dream wedding day quickly turns into a nightmare of mystery, mayhem and murder.
And, you and all the other guests are left to solve the crime.
Will it be the father of the bride who opposed the marriage from the start?
The bridesmaid who longs to be a bride?
The overlooked little sister that has a great inheritance to gain?
Secret will be revealed, motives exposed and your sleuthing skills will be put to the test.
Speak now or forever a killer goes free!
This Fun-Filled Evening includes:
- 2 tickets aboard the Murder Mystery Dinner Train – leaving from Conway Scenic Railroad promply at 6pm
- Four course dinner (gratuity & Tax included)
Alcoholic Beverages are available at additional cost
- … and the Murder Mystery performance (by Arts in Motion) begins.
Murder Mystery Dinner Menu 2013
- Preset: Crudite Platter served at each table
- First Course: Lobster Bisque
- Second Coarse: Crawford Salad, mixed greens with apples, cranberries, carrots, and cheddar cheese served with maple mustard vinaigrette
- Entree: Choice of:
- Grilled Rib Eye with balsamic herb emulsion
- Baked Stuffed Chicken with prosciutto & gruyere cheese
- Vegetarian Option: Black Bean Stuffed Portabella Mushroom with Roasted Red pepper
- All entrees served with Manchego polenta cake and seasonal vegetable
- Desserts: Trays of mini desserts served at each table
This is an audience participation performance. Dress the part and coming looking Fabulous! Casual Elegant to Formal. Break out the bling, and dare to show some skin. Evening Dresses and Tuxedos are highly encouraged (but not necessary).
Evening Event Cost: $210 per couple
Spring is almost here but the ski season isn’t over yet. All the ski areas have a ton of great deals and activities for the rest of the season. Thinking of hitting the slopes for St. Patrick’s Day? Here’s what the local mountains are offering tomorrow:
Cranmore is offering an e-coupon for $35 Adult or $25 Teen/Youth Lift Ticket for March 17th! Find it here.
Attitash and Wildcat are offering $17 Full day lift tickets!
Wear green and bring a friend for their Buy One, Get One Free offer for another ticket for the same day!
Wear green and ski/ride all day for $17!
We just got 10 inches of new snow! Now it’s time to get out there and ski/snowboard/snowshoe or whatever it is that you do!
Looking for something romantic to do with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? look no further:
Cooking for Couples with Chef Kendra Stanley
Price $190 Per Couple
Thursday February 14th, 4-7 pm • Open
Class Description: Love is in the air. Grab your honey and get your romance on with Couples cooking this Valentine’s Day at A Taste of the Mountains Cooking School.
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Sweetheart Salad with Raspberry Love Vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp in Lemon Cream
- Roasted Garlic Heart Shaped Duchess Potatoes
- Dark Chocolate Ganache Fondue with Strawberries
Meet Chef Kendra Stanley
NEWS FLASH from Mike, the Innkeeper at Bernerhof Inn, Glen, NH:
“SNOW, SNOW, SNOW AND LOTS OF IT!!!”
That’s the latest weather report for Mount Washington Valley New Hampshire.
Come ski in fresh powder!
Take a few of your vacation days, call in sick, or even quit your job, because the skiing is going to be amazing!
We have a few rooms left so BOOK NOW. Call 1-877-389-4852 or 1-603-383-4200 or book online