Fine Dining Breakfast and Pub Fare
need intro copy here
Gourmet Country Breakfast
Just because we know that no day starts without a steaming cuppa Joe, your breakfast experience will begin early when coffee,tea, and baked goods are set on the buffet starting at 7:00 am. We encourage you to help yourself.
Between 8:00-9:30am, join us in the welcoming dining room for a hearty and healthy breakfast. Tables for two and four are situated so guests can choose to either be private and alone or mingle and meet other guests.
Breakfast includes an array of juices and fresh fruit, homemade goodies and a different hot entrée daily. You will enjoy both sweet and savory entrees as we vary our recipes to meet the tastes of our guests. Do you have a special Bernerhof recipe or a special request for breakfast? Please let us know! We’ll do the best we can to accommodate your requests and any special dietary needs you share with us. Need a candle and “happy birthday" ? We can do that too.
White Mountain’s take on Bay Crab Cakes
Pick through the crabmeat to check for shell pieces. Be careful not to break up the lumps.
Place in a bowl and add the Old Bay, dry mustard, parsley and cracker crumbs.
In a separate bowl combine the eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco.
Whisk to mix and pour over the crabmeat mixture. Mix lightly and portion. Sauté to order.
- 2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
Hash Browns With Onions
For vegetarian and vegan guests of Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, this is one of our oft-made dishes, but really everybody likes these flavorful hash browns. This dish uses our very own Claire’s Seasoning, an old family blend of eight kinds of flour, powdered garlic, powdered onion and season salt. We tell guests how to make it for themselves.
Add oil to a large skillet over low heat.
Spread one-half of the shredded potatoes evenly in the skillet.
Distribute diced onion over the potatoes.
Add seasonings, using your judgment as to amount.
Distribute the other half of the potatoes over the contents of the pan.
Use flat end wooden spoon to unify the circular shape by pushing the outside edges in, toward the center.
When the underneath side of the mixture begins to brown, after about 15 minutes, flip it if you are brave and able, or lay a flat skillet on top and flip it over.
Reshape with the flat end of wooden spoon.
When the second side begins to brown, after about 10 minutes, slide the hash brown onto an oval serving dish and present to guests. Serve warm.
Tips and variations
We usually cut these hash browns into wedges and serve like pizza slices with a triangular pie server. For a romantic touch, we've been known to make these into a heart shape instead of a circle.
- 2 medium red potatoes, scrubbed, with eyes removed, and shredded
- Half of a large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Grandpa's Seasoning or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
Bernerhof Inn Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Cake
- Serves 8-10.
- 6 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries, Washed
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon Zest (Grated Rind)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease & dust with flour a loaf or Bundt pan.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, and mix.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture. Mix completely. Then add in the blueberries, lemon & juice.
- Stir carefully, so as not to crush the berries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*Note- In Summer, when blueberries are in season and at their best, this is a great recipe to multiply and freeze the finished cakes for later.
Glen NH Blueberry Syrup
With the Plethora of Fryeburg Blueberries and our own NH Real Maple Syrup we have created a great recipe to top your flapjacks or Spatchka!
Measurements and Ingredients
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup orange juice (separated)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh, Fryeburg grown preferred)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light Karo Syrup
- Dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 C orange juice and the corn starch.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add corn starch to the 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Mix well.
- Add to hot syrup mixture and cook until thickened.
Tips and variations
Of course, this syrup is equally good on everything from pancakes and waffles to ice cream.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
content coming soon